Is your birthday coming up? We’re sure you would like to celebrate it at your dream destination without spending a fortune on it.
With appropriate planning as well as the correct destination, you can surely avoid dropping big bucks while celebrating your birthday. At some of the world’s best budget destinations, you can expect to have a truly memorable birthday bash with fun guaranteed!
Here are the seven best budget destinations for your birthday:
1. Sonoma Valley, USA – Packed with wineries, eateries, inns, and thousands of acres of beautiful countryside, Sonoma Valley makes for a remarkable road trip. If you’re planning to rent a car for the trip, look for vehicles with durable roof racks so that you can easily carry additional stuff like camping equipment.
Does your birthday fall in autumn? During this season, Kenwood, a neighboring town, hosts an event called “The Sonoma Valley Crush”, bringing thirteen local grapevine growing regions together for grape-treading or -stomping.
Visit Sonoma’s breathtaking, family-owned vineyards like the Jordan Vineyard & Winery, offering top-notch Cabernet Sauvignons and excellent food and wine pairings.
Won’t you like to taste flavorsome, handcrafted wine for free on your birthday? Several grapevine regions in the Sonoma Valley, including the Alexander Valley Vineyards and the Locals Tasting Room, will gladly gift it to you.
2. Auli, India – Most of us simply melt, thinking about mountains and snow! The perfect Indian destination to celebrate your birthday with a skiing adventure, Auli is full of picturesque mountains, apple orchards, and pines. This small, scenic hill station is also home to Lake Auli, the world’s highest artificial lake. Travel to the skiing site through Gondola, the longest ropeway in the Asian Continent, spanning a track length of about 4 kilometers from the neighboring city of Joshimath, in about 20 minutes.
Spend your birthday in Auli with your loved ones, skiing in the snow-covered mountainous slopes. The best part of Auli is that it offers skiing activities throughout the year, thanks to the artificial lake here, constructed right in the heart of the high-lying mountains, making snow during summers also. Whether you’re an expert or a newbie at skiing, Auli caters to all.
If you’re keen on learning skiing, go for a budget skiing training package here, while also enjoying a stunning, 360-degree view of snow-capped Himalayan Mountains. For instance, how about an economical, six-day ski course at the Auli Ski School, that includes ski lessons from a highly skilled crew, all meals, and accommodation?
3. The Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico – A nature’s playground with the world’s most bright-colored underwater scenery, the Yucatan Peninsula offers great diving as well as snorkeling sites. This Mexican destination boasts a beautiful coastline with coral-crushed white sands, greenish-blue waters, laid-back fishing villages, and wildlife-rich environs.
So, if you’re looking forward to a beach-bumming experience on your birthday, you can enjoy thoroughly at the Yucatan, while also spending money reasonably. For some fun-filled adventure, swim in one of the countless cenotes (natural, limestone groundwater pools) and take thrilling boat trips.
Join your family or friends for budget sight-seeing, taking in the entry-free, beautiful Mayan ruins, depicting lots of history through the pre-Hispanic civilization’s pyramids and temples. Indulge in Yucatan’s culture by watching free concerts and stirring dance and art shows.
There’s a lot in store at the region’s numerous national parks and mangroves – wildlife includes crocodiles, monkeys, newborn marine turtles, and countless bird species.
Last but not least, you’re sure to get a warm welcome from the locals. The Yucatecans are extremely friendly and hospitable, and will proudly flaunt their local cuisine as well as traditions.
4. The Amazon Rainforest, Ecuador – Make your birthday unforgettable, as you experience one of the worlds’ most spectacular regions, heavily concentrated with diverse plant and animal species. This part of the Amazon Rainforest, located in Ecuador, also qualifies for the cheapest Amazon experience.
For a perfect budget birthday trip here, go backpacking with buddies, undertaking camping expeditions, and night excursions for finding alligators. Visit local communities, take in panoramic views of the rich, dense jungle, and stay over at budget eco-lodges such as the Camain, offering accommodations, meals as well as countless nature-related activities.
Indulge in bird watching, admiring the large-beaked toucans and the large, long-tailed macaws. Also, expect to see exotic animals like the three-toed sloth and jaguars.
5. Andalucia, Spain – Full of white villages perched atop crags, Roman fortresses, reckless bullfighters, and Moorish castles, Andalucia is one of Spain’s most appealing regions. On your birthday, immerse yourself in the country’s traditions, savoring tapas, the world-famous Spanish appetizers at local eateries, and watching the Flamenco dance in formal or informal settings.
Visit Granada, a vibrant city full of Arab-flavored street food stalls, bohemian cafes, and teahouses. For a truly medieval feel, Cordoba is the place to be. This city is home to the fascinating, multi-arched Mesquita, a building symbolizing its sophisticated culture. Explore the city’s winding, cobblestone lanes as you pass overhanging trees, leafy interior balconies, and potted plants.
Let the city of Seville seduce you, with its huge Gothic cathedral, aristocratic mansions, and magnificent palaces. If you want to enjoy salty beaches, make sure to visit the ancient, romantic, water-locked Cadiz, also home to budget-friendly and hospitable resorts like the Conil. Make and eat your way through the numerous stalls of Cadiz Fish Market, a foodie’s dream!
6. Prague, The Czech Republic – A remarkable, central European city, Prague offers plenty of history, tradition, and romance. A perfect destination to explore on your birthday, with your better half, hand in hand. Also, don’t miss out on a brewery tour in Europe’s beer capital!
Visit Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral to experience Prague’s weighty past. Stroll through the old town, admiring the astronomical clock of the Middle Ages, and enjoy captivating city views from the Bell Tower.
While exploring the city, try Pilsner Urquell, the most popular Czech beer at its many local pubs. Hang out at one of Prague’s several coffee shops and bistros offering excellent budget eats. Most of them, including the Muj Salek kavy, will serve you a reasonably-priced three-course meal, great coffee, and soft drinks.
7. Budapest, Hungary – With something for everybody, Budapest features an impressive past, ornate architecture, healing and relaxing thermal baths as well as a buzzing nightlife. So, you’re sure to find myriad options for your birthday bash. Getting around the city is affordable, with plenty of cheap public transport options, including trams and buses being readily available.
With the Hungarian capital’s extensive collection of bathhouses, including styles like Turkish-era, decorative, and modern, you’ll enjoy taking a dip in them together with your party crew.
How about a date with history, admiring rococo, neoclassical, and variously-styled pieces of architecture? Also, you’d get to witness bullet holes on structures from WW2 as well as the twentieth century’s uprising. Don’t miss out on the Fisherman’s Bastion, the city’s ancient, fabled castle for learning about its famed history and for wonderful photography opportunities.
Rock your birthday out all night at rare ruin bars, built inside abandoned buildings, featuring Budapest’s underground nightclub scene. Last but not least, savor the country’s traditional food and drinks! Hungarian food involves tons of sophistication, and Budapest rightly qualifies as one of the world’s food capitals.
Besides the world-famous “Gulyás”, a meat and vegetable soup cooked in broth, you should also try “Babgulyás”, tasty bean soup and “gyümölcs leves”, a cold, mixed fruit soup. For the main course, try “Pulykamell”, a preparation of roasted turkey flavored with several fruits, “Pörkölt”, a meat stew, and pasta dumplings. Wash all these Hungarian treats down with local, excellent honey-sweet Tokaj wine!
Select your birthday cake from a variety of Hungarian cakes and pastries for an unforgettable experience! For instance, “Csoki torta”, a rich, chocolate-layered cake, “Dobos torta”, a layered, caramel-crusted cake, and “Béigli”, a log-shaped, traditional Christmastime pastry, stuffed with crushed walnuts.
So, look forward to celebrating a fun-filled birthday, while not having to overspend at all!